11.30.2007

Portland's Creative Class #1

I've recently had fun perusing the Rants & Raves section of Portland Craigslist. A larger collection of unemployed sociopaths would be difficult to find elsewhere.

It has inspired me to inaugurate an occasional feature I hope to keep up over time: Portland's Young Creative Class.

Portland, led by one of its homegrown consultants, has become known for the Young Creative Class economic development strategy of attracting young, hip twenty-somethings in hopes that one of them will eventually get that fair-trade organic skinny soy low-foam 1/2 decaf pumpkin spice latte order just right.

To get things off with a bang so that anyone who Googles "Young Creative Class" can see what the City of Portland considers more worthy than actual new businesses, here is the first Portland's Creative Class Link:

I rubbed one out on a chucky cheese (sic) changing table!


Other submissions are always welcome! But remember, they must come from the Portland Craigslist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beelzebub said...

I have a few quick verifications of your soy latte theory:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rnr/497084739.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rnr/497058068.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/rnr/497036974.html

Fortunately, the are staying on top of the latest conspiracies.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/rnr/497038486.html

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home