Conservative in the Closet
I ran across this post this morning, and it reflected something I deal with on a regular basis. There are a lot of closet conservatives living in this town, or at least persons that are not adequately "progressive". I actually expect that polls systematically understate support for conservative candidates or ballot measures, as no one wants to publicly admit supporting them. I recently read how a polling firm conducting exit polls found that persons interviewed by white female college-educated pollsters had a statistically higher propensity to express "progressive" voting.
I ran across this post this morning, and it reflected something I deal with on a regular basis. There are a lot of closet conservatives living in this town, or at least persons that are not adequately "progressive". I actually expect that polls systematically understate support for conservative candidates or ballot measures, as no one wants to publicly admit supporting them. I recently read how a polling firm conducting exit polls found that persons interviewed by white female college-educated pollsters had a statistically higher propensity to express "progressive" voting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home