A MINNIE-PEARL DISTRICT
Springfield, Oregon Mayor Sid Leiken was recently quoted about the old Glennwood industrial area that Springfield hopes to redevelop as an urban center like the Pearl District in Portland.
"When we look at it, we see the positives there. I strongly believe this has the ability to become the next mini-Pearl District, and that's how we're selling it."
Well, I hate to be a pessimist, but Glennwood has some glaring obstacles - for instance, it's nowhere near a large concentration of high-salary employment and compelling arts and cultural offerings.
I think the Honorable Mayor was misunderstood:

Having passed through Glennwood a few times, I'd say a Minnie Pearl District is what he meant and that he definitely knows his target market.
But a warning to Springfield residents: It's going to cost the city a wee bit more than the $1.98 price tag on Cousin Minnie's hat.
Springfield, Oregon Mayor Sid Leiken was recently quoted about the old Glennwood industrial area that Springfield hopes to redevelop as an urban center like the Pearl District in Portland.
"When we look at it, we see the positives there. I strongly believe this has the ability to become the next mini-Pearl District, and that's how we're selling it."
Well, I hate to be a pessimist, but Glennwood has some glaring obstacles - for instance, it's nowhere near a large concentration of high-salary employment and compelling arts and cultural offerings.
I think the Honorable Mayor was misunderstood:

Having passed through Glennwood a few times, I'd say a Minnie Pearl District is what he meant and that he definitely knows his target market.
But a warning to Springfield residents: It's going to cost the city a wee bit more than the $1.98 price tag on Cousin Minnie's hat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home