5.08.2007

Loosening Uncle Sam's Grip on prediction Markets:

I'm a big fan of prediction markets, and it appears I am not alone. Prediction markets, whether based on the outcome of a sporting event (as in sports gambling) or in the likelihood of a company meeting quarterly earnings targets (as in the stock market) have a legitimate place in our economy for those who openly desire risk. I am vehemently opposed to government legislation that hinders an organizations ability to establish prediction markets, be it for financial or research purposes. Hopefully, the efforts of our nations leading economists will help loosen the government's monopoly on gambling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the government to ban smoking. Then the government could start manufacturing cigarettes. 60% of the proceeds could go to pay for television commercials recommending that you should smoke for the sake of our schools. 20% could go to fund the bureaucracy necessary for the program, 5% could go to school funding, while the remaining 15% could be used to hire lawyers to sue the evil tobacco companies. If the government thinks online gambling is so wrong, why does it spend so much money to try and persuade us to play the lottery?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home