I'd Hate to Be a Realtor Now
The businessman behind Expedia.com has recently released the Beta version of his new creation, Zillow.com.
It provides absolutely free, the most detailed home value information for individual homes anywhere that I've ever seen. Value, appreciation trends in one-year, five-year, ten-year timeframes or since its last sale. Value trend comparison against your zip code, city, county, state and nationally.
Satellite maps with dollar values on all homes displayed around the home you query, including it.
I've never seen anything like it and I predict this will be just as devastating and revolutionary for the residential realty and appraisal industries as Expedia.com/do-it-yourself booking was for travel. Although Realtors, homebuilders, mortgage brokers and insurance companies are a FAR more powerful trade group/lobby than travel agents.
Still - this is a phenomenal site for anyone buying, selling or currently owning a home. Did I mention you can calculate the value created for your home from a variety of specific home improvement projects of different qualities? Wow.
A radical step forward in providing useful, though not perfect, information to the masses.
The businessman behind Expedia.com has recently released the Beta version of his new creation, Zillow.com.
It provides absolutely free, the most detailed home value information for individual homes anywhere that I've ever seen. Value, appreciation trends in one-year, five-year, ten-year timeframes or since its last sale. Value trend comparison against your zip code, city, county, state and nationally.
Satellite maps with dollar values on all homes displayed around the home you query, including it.
I've never seen anything like it and I predict this will be just as devastating and revolutionary for the residential realty and appraisal industries as Expedia.com/do-it-yourself booking was for travel. Although Realtors, homebuilders, mortgage brokers and insurance companies are a FAR more powerful trade group/lobby than travel agents.
Still - this is a phenomenal site for anyone buying, selling or currently owning a home. Did I mention you can calculate the value created for your home from a variety of specific home improvement projects of different qualities? Wow.
A radical step forward in providing useful, though not perfect, information to the masses.

1 Comments:
It is nice to see a return to more serious posting around here.
Post a Comment
<< Home