2.05.2006

Go Hawks!

Sporting events are not likely to be a common topic of discussion on this blog. But, given the background of this contributor, I just cant help myself.

This years Super Bowl is already being touted as one of the worse match ups of all time. The Steelers, having won three straight playoff games on the road are the sixth seed out of the AFC, far from the "best" team in that conference (during the regular season). While the Seahawks are, well the Seahawks. Despite earning top honors in the league this season in most offensive categories and five pro bowlers on offense; the Hawks are still four point dogs? I heard an "analyst" last night talking about how Pittsburgh will run run the ball on Seattle all day. Lat time I checked the league's MVP and rushing leader played for Seattle.

So, I'll ask the question everybody else seems to be asking as well. Where's the respect and what will it take to get it? Unfortunately for Seattle, a win today probably won't even earn them their "props". After all, they will have only defeated the sixth seed in the AFC (forget that they already defeated the Colts). The fact of the matter is, for Seattle to get any legitimate respect they will have to put together multiple dominate seasons. Which of course is a whole different discussion.

Prediction: I have to agree with most "analysts". Super Bowl XL is one of the worst matchups in recent memory. In my obviously biased opinion, the Seahawks will dominate Pittsburgh today on the ground and in the air. Seahawks by 14.

Obviously, I will be returning to the blogosphere later this evening for either some celebratory "I told you so" or some serious foot in mouth action. Until then, GO HAWKS.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beelzebub said...

I have to go with the Seahawks, but then again, I was with the Buffalo Bills four times in the 1980s. I just wanted to get my prediction in before game time.

2:36 PM  
Blogger wormwood said...

HALFTIME UPDATE: Couple Bad calls. Seahawks shooting themselves in the foot on 3rd and 28. But we're moving the ball well and for the most part containing the Steelers. A little ground to make up, but still looking good.

Magoo: Have fun at the movie. You missed one heck of a halftime show. It was no George Michael, but still an artistic masterpiece.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home