So I'm sitting here Saturday early morning listening to XM Radio while working, and they've interrupted their normal rock channels to provide live broadcast of Al Gore's brainchild, the Live Earth Concert.
I don't know. Something about being lectured by rock musicians about unwise energy use makes me chuckle. For a group of individuals that overwhelmingly rely on private airplanes, expansive tour buses, monstrous lighting and audio power consumption for concerts, they have a lot of chutzpah to tell me to switch to fluorescent bulbs.
That's not even mentioning their expansive homes and power-consuming private lifestyles. Or their livelihood's full dependence upon millions of music consumers' heavy use of electricity-powered audio and video devices.
Hmm.. it's getting warm in here. I think I'll follow their excellent example and crank up the air conditioner to combat global warming.
I don't know. Something about being lectured by rock musicians about unwise energy use makes me chuckle. For a group of individuals that overwhelmingly rely on private airplanes, expansive tour buses, monstrous lighting and audio power consumption for concerts, they have a lot of chutzpah to tell me to switch to fluorescent bulbs.
That's not even mentioning their expansive homes and power-consuming private lifestyles. Or their livelihood's full dependence upon millions of music consumers' heavy use of electricity-powered audio and video devices.
Hmm.. it's getting warm in here. I think I'll follow their excellent example and crank up the air conditioner to combat global warming.

1 Comments:
Rock stars are even less informed than journalists, although they do have a discernible talent.
Post a Comment
<< Home